Friday, January 20, 2012

Camera Strap


I finally got my camera back from the repair shop on Wednesday. It had been there since December 7th, and it had been broken since early fall. Now that it's back, I'm setting aside my white board list, in favor of a couple of camera-friendly projects.

This camera strap is the first of those.

I've been compiling a mental list of all of the residents of my dream kibbutz
I'm thinking that Paula Deen, despite my fear of her excessive use of butter, would make a good go-to neighbor when I need advice on home accents. I like her style. (Besides, my kibbutz - which would likely be in Israel or Africa, where my husband prefers to live - wouldn't be complete unless someone spoke in an authentic southern accent.)

Some of my favorite bloggers would have to live there, too, like Amy & Penny.
There are others that I'd want there, as well, like my friend, Terri, who makes me laugh until I cry. 
Of course, my parents would have their own wing in our home, with the kitchen strategically centrally located, to allow Mom & Daddy plenty of opportunity to make us some ultra-yummy food. Maybe I'll do a separate "Dream Kibbutz" post in the future.

Still, there is one woman who simply MUST live near me. Right now, she's about a four-hour drive from where I live. I may try to work this to my advantage one day. In the meantime, I'll have to settle for gleaning from her amazing patterns. I do hope to meet her one day, though.

Anyway, I awoke before my alarm this morning, ready to "Bring It"; but instead, I decided to rid my toenails of three-week-old chipped blue nail polish, and head up to meet with Clara in the sewing room.
(For those of you who don't know, Clara is my sewing machine.)

How nice to have a finished product just in time to walk downstairs to breakfast.


Morgan is as excited as I am that the camera is back in our lives.

Watching her attach the strap was almost as torturous as awaiting the first pan of chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven... OK. No comparison. But I was anxious.

Voila!
Bye-bye, phone photos! 
(Well, except, of course, for the photos of the camera, which made it necessary to use the phone.)



5 comments:

  1. That's a great camera strap! Mine has huge clunky rings that drive me insane. I see myself making one of these in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Functional AND beautiful! Can't beat that! I'm sure you'll be taking pictures by the hundreds now that you have your camera back. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! This has been on my to-do list for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice camera strap. I cannot image being without a camera through the holidays. :) Now, I should probably make a pretty strap for mine.

    Thank you for the nice blog comment. Hope you had a blessed weekend!

    ~Michelle (LemonadeGal)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too sweet! I have a sewing/blogging preplanned community all drawn up. The community center would be stocked with machines, a long arm and free fabric. :)

    I love the strap!

    ReplyDelete