Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Get This App!


Are you trying to gain weight? If so, then this is the recipe for you. Otherwise, make it anyway, and then join a gym or take up running.

A while back, I downloaded the Epicurious App for my iPhone. Because I'm a creature of habit, I kept forgetting to use it when planning our menus. This week, I was determined to finally use the "shopping list" saved from my "favorites".

The recipe for Sweet Potatoes with Blue Cheese and Pecans (pictured above) is actually the second recipe I've used. (The first one was what we had for breakfast this morning, but I'll blog about that at another time and another place.)
Trust me when I say that there's a lot of guilt involved in this recipe, but the flavor makes one forget about it.
In my estimation, that's precisely what makes a recipe appealing!

The down side to the Epicurious App is that the entries can only be viewed in order, and once a category is left, the sequence starts over from the beginning when that particular category is resumed. The problem with that is that some categories have over a thousand entries. So, if you come across something you might like, mark it as a favorite, just in case. That way, you won't have to weed through the first 726 entries to find it again.

Other than that, I'd say that there are all pluses in the app! There's even a category called "I Can Barely Cook", aimed toward the novice, as well as "I Cook Like a Pro", for the more adventurous home chef. There are seasonal lists, weeknight dinner lists, and so on.

The best part is the "shopping list". Simply click (or tap) the "+" while viewing a recipe, and presto! You'll have an instant shopping list for the necessary ingredients!

Man, they should hire me, or something!

Happy Apping!



No comments:

Post a Comment