Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Stole a Sewing Moment


My parents' recent visit was so wonderful. I miss them terribly. Naturally, as time goes on and we all get older, it becomes harder and harder to say goodbye to them. I started crying about their departure several days before they actually got onto the road. I was so emotionally exhausted after they left early in the morning over a week ago that I went back to bed for a couple of hours.

Yep. I'm a sap.

I've wanted to post highlights of their visit; but I've had so much going on lately, that I haven't had much blogging time. I do, however, want to share the ONE sewing project I've completed. It's been quite a while since I spent time producing anything in my sewing room. What a special treat it was to have my mom sit in there with me as I made a little something for her to take home with her.

Mom was struck by the selections in Amy Butler's Style Stitches, and she chose this checkbook cover. The hardest part of making it is cutting out the pieces and applying the fusible interfacing (only because I hate doing it). From there, it's smooth sailing, which is a nice change from the painstaking agony of assembling the clutch I made from this book last year.

Mom really liked this decor fabric, which in retrospect, was too heavy for some of the stabilizer listed in the instructions. If I use decor fabric again, I'll forego the Peltex.

Mom was just tickled with her checkbook cover. Daddy even liked it! I love sharing things with them. They are so incredibly generous to us, and they joyfully and enthusiastically receive whatever small token we share with them.


I'm in need of a spring bag for myself, and I've been brainstorming. Hopefully I'll have something good to post in the very near future. I'm so behind on the many posts that I've wanted to write. So many ideas; not nearly enough time...

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Really nice work - and your mom is sure to get a lot of use & enjoyment from it!

    ReplyDelete