1. Kick feet up in Suburban while Oldest Daughter drives home from track meet, with Husband in front passenger seat, and enjoy homemade salsa with tortilla chips.
2. Greet dogs who are overjoyed to see you after a long day, although sufficiently cared-for in shifts by one cousin & one neighbor.
3. Take a shower because you smell just as bad as the athletes who competed all day, having perspired in the sun while watching said athletes run their little hearts out.
4. Lie down on sofa while Youngest Daughter plays with your hair to soothe the long-hot-day-in-the-sun-squinting-from-hair-blowing-in-eyes-from-the-breeze headache you are now suffering.
5. Don't fret when Husband chooses to watch "Band of Brothers" alone on his iPad, Oldest Daughter goes to bed early, and Three Middle Children watch a separate movie in the guest room, despite Mom's suggestions that we all do something together.
6. Grab Youngest Daughter, make blue-cheese-and-toasted-smokey-pecan-stuffed dates, and proceed to Mom's room to watch "The Sound of Music" together (intermittently filling Husband's requests, who has become aware of your secret snack).
7. Give thanks with a grateful heart.