"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6


Ours is a story of what God can do with two silly teens, starting off with no clue;

And baby thrown in, just for good measure. We didn’t know that God would increase our treasure

With four added on in rapid succession, filling our lives with joy and hard lessons.


We’ve had our share of valleys and hills, of times of abundance, and unpaid bills.

We once thought success would bring us bliss; we’ve learned that loss does a better job of this,

As we lean on our Savior, Who always delivers, regardless of the size of our quiver.


Although we’re grateful for the times of ease, the hard times are useful for learning to please

Our Heavenly Father, learning to walk in His Truth, of which we often talk.

May the Lord help us humbly and faithfully serve, staying mindful that the next generation observes.


Prop up your feet and grab a cup of coffee or tea while I open up

The book of my life, without further ado, and narrate the musings of my heart to you.


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Inspiration


We have a nearby movie theater that serves food, restaurant-style, during the film. It's a rather new establishment, and although we don't always order food, so far we've been pleased with the service. I noticed on our last visit that the halls are lined with massive fabric-covered panels, which gave me an idea.

A little over a month ago, I bought a couple of canvases and had Morgan help me to pick out fabric to cover them. Then, I moved some old coffee prints that I had hanging next to the mirror in the photo, and had Craig hang them in the kitchen for me, instead. Morgan, our Resident Perfectionist, was so kind as to cover the canvases with the fabric for me, using a staple gun, and voila! 

A trip to Hobby Lobby yielded a rub-on Scripture verse, which brought it all together. (Maybe someday I'll own up to the airhead moment I had with the rub-on letters. I blindly tried to lead my dad as he applied them for me, but it was Morgan whose genius got the job done. I did eventually discover the very clear instructions nestled inside the box.)

I didn't post this earlier because I thought that it was cheating, since there wasn't any sewing or other hard labor involved. Caelyn suggested that I "pin" it*, but I decided against that idea. Then, when I saw that Amy mentioned on Facebook that she recently covered some canvases with fabric for "cheap decorating", I was inspired! I can't wait to see her photos.

*ETA: I pinned it!

2 comments: