"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6


Ours is a story of what God can do with two silly teens, starting off with no clue;

And baby thrown in, just for good measure. We didn’t know that God would increase our treasure

With four added on in rapid succession, filling our lives with joy and hard lessons.


We’ve had our share of valleys and hills, of times of abundance, and unpaid bills.

We once thought success would bring us bliss; we’ve learned that loss does a better job of this,

As we lean on our Savior, Who always delivers, regardless of the size of our quiver.


Although we’re grateful for the times of ease, the hard times are useful for learning to please

Our Heavenly Father, learning to walk in His Truth, of which we often talk.

May the Lord help us humbly and faithfully serve, staying mindful that the next generation observes.


Prop up your feet and grab a cup of coffee or tea while I open up

The book of my life, without further ado, and narrate the musings of my heart to you.


Sunday, April 8, 2012

So, I've Been Craving a New Bag...


I fell in love with this fabric when I made this apron for Thanksgiving, so I bought more with the hopes of making myself a new bag. I've been super busy with school, household responsibilities, and lots of company. (The count, so far, for 2012 is 26 overnight guests, with that number expected to reach 36 by the end of this week.) Finally, I entered my sewing room yesterday and, except for taking a dinner break, didn't leave until the bag was finished.


I love the size of this bag - although if I fill it to capacity, my shoulder may not love it. Graham remarked on its size as soon as I showed it to the family.


It's even big enough to fit "Menina" (who wasn't exactly enthusiastic over being used as a prop).



The four inside pockets are great. This bag can probably "double" as a weekend bag. With  track meets starting soon, I'll probably use this for all of those little "extras" that don't belong in the cooler (First Aid, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, reading material for the long-distance events, a pillow...) 


I especially appreciate these exterior side pockets for my cell phone, earphones, keys, phone clip, comb... anything that I need to grab in a hurry. 

This bag was fairly easy to assemble, but the fabric-cutting process was not fun. The handles, alone, consist of twenty pieces. Twenty! That, of course, includes the interfacing; but really! I walked away from it on the first day. Then I waited about three more days before cutting the rest out. Then I waited a little longer, just to be sure. I needed recovery time. 

In case you would like to make one for yourself, it's the Cosmo Bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches. I love her products! You will, too!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the bag! Congratulations! I am with you. I probably would have walked away from that pattern forever when I counted all those pieces for the handles.

    ReplyDelete