Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reminiscing




I love this song by Sara Groves. I relate so much to it. In 1992, when we moved to California, although it was a fantastic experience, it made me homesick for Pennsylvania. When we returned to PA in '94, I missed CA. Later, I learned to embrace our many moves; but when we again returned to PA in '08, I longed to be back in Alabama. I've skipped several moves in this story for the sake of brevity, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I've loved being in Texas, and I don't feel homesick for any particular place. Still, I've been thinking back on our time in Moçambique. There were a few challenges that made life difficult at times - some of which I wouldn't want to relive; but we enjoyed so many wonderful memories there. Here are just a few things that I miss about our time in Moz:

Driving along the Marginal:


Eating the only ketchup that's better than Heinz:


Hanging out at our favorite cafe:




Going on safari:



Ferry rides:


The beach:


Spontaneous moments with family & friends:


Free avocados from a friend's tree:


Road trips with the Hines Family (plus Leo):


Trips to Swaziland:



Traveling with the Warrens:


People watching:



Capulanas blowing in the breeze:



Local art:


Our wonderful empregada, Leonor:

When my Grandma died, Leonor gathered our family together and prayed fervently to the God of all comfort on our behalf. I didn't understand every Portuguese word she spoke, but it was clear that she steadfastly trusts the One Whose throne she boldly approached, believing that He hears our prayers.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shots, I can see why you'd miss it!

    ReplyDelete