"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6


Ours is a story of what God can do with two silly teens, starting off with no clue;

And baby thrown in, just for good measure. We didn’t know that God would increase our treasure

With four added on in rapid succession, filling our lives with joy and hard lessons.


We’ve had our share of valleys and hills, of times of abundance, and unpaid bills.

We once thought success would bring us bliss; we’ve learned that loss does a better job of this,

As we lean on our Savior, Who always delivers, regardless of the size of our quiver.


Although we’re grateful for the times of ease, the hard times are useful for learning to please

Our Heavenly Father, learning to walk in His Truth, of which we often talk.

May the Lord help us humbly and faithfully serve, staying mindful that the next generation observes.


Prop up your feet and grab a cup of coffee or tea while I open up

The book of my life, without further ado, and narrate the musings of my heart to you.


Friday, June 8, 2012

Unexpected Guest


Yesterday I had Gabriela pot a couple of ferns for me to set onto plant stands beside our fireplace.
I had discovered a bag of potting soil that was left on the patio after its last use.
Later, I checked to make sure that she had sufficiently covered the roots and moistened the soil.
I was a bit startled when the soil moved!



I almost felt guilty disturbing the new tenant.





But he had to go.


Gabriela had a little difficulty taking him outside. She kept getting "sprinkled", so she dropped him a couple of times, which piqued Rhodes's curiosity.
I quickly cleaned up the drops, but apparently Rhodes could still detect some of it, as he was sniffing around the area.

Toads and frogs have a reputation for urinating on anyone who picks one up; but I wonder if this isn't just a defense mechanism.

Our Wonderful Creator has made so many interesting creatures. I'm glad that we had an out-of-the-ordinary encounter with one yesterday.
We were wishing that we could find a more appropriate habitat for this one, but we were already late leaving the house for a track meet.
Perhaps we'll meet again under more convenient circumstances.


2 comments:

  1. Thank. It makes me feel great when I read all these stories. It helps me from hopelessness and make me more stronger to fly… thank… for everything.

    Soil cuber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that this story encouraged you!

    ReplyDelete