Sunday, July 1, 2012

Must Share!


I saw this on Sew Many Ways over the weekend, and I just had to share it. She borrowed it from a friend to share with her readers. I think it's precious and would love to have it framed for my sewing room. Of course, I have helpers to take care of the dishes, and no one in our house is allowed to even leave his/her room without making the bed. (This does slip at times, however.)

The author gives wise advice about keeping oneself neat in case of unexpected guests; and I'm a firm believer that my husband is even more worthy of seeing me at my best than a stranger. There are days when he arrives home to find me in workout clothes or a T-shirt and shorts, with my hair in a ponytail & no make-up. I try not to make this a daily habit, though. I aim to set a decent example for my girls (and for my boys, who will look for wives one day). Lipstick, I admit, is reserved for outings only, and I have never donned a dress for sewing (although I think it's a fun, girly idea).

I've been working on little details around the house, now that our track schedule has slowed down just a tiny bit. The wall hanging that I made for Craig as an anniversary gift is finally hanging above our mantle:


I was trying to think of a way to display some Bible verses that will serve as daily reminders to our family, and I remembered this photo frame that the children gave to me last year. I still hadn't printed any photos for it, so I dug into my scrapbook paper stash and printed the verses for framing.



This week I hope to do more organizing. I'm dreading the attic, but it's a necessary item on my growing to-do list. I must admit that I rather like always having something to check off. Of course, there are several sewing projects in my near future, and I'm late getting my plans in order for the upcoming homeschool year. 

I've been toying with the idea of making slipcovers for the sofas. If that happens, I'll definitely employ the help of my girls. I have no idea what I'm doing, so a little research will be in order. I heard from a friend that a local boutique is offering a class, or I may use this source. Even if it doesn't happen until 2013 - or never - it's a fun thought.




1 comment:

  1. What a great find! I have been doing research on women in the 30s and 40s so this fits right in with the thinking of the day. My, how things have changed. I have to remember that when I sit down to write about the women who were living at that time. Having finished one book, I am picking up a storyline about a group of church women from the 1920s who did so many amazing things.

    ReplyDelete