Thursday, July 5, 2012

Zakka Basket


It's been quite a while since I've used this book. It was one of very few purchases I made while living in Africa. Everything costs much more there, unless it's locally made. On that day, I bought two sewing books and a set of bookmarks, and spent around $100. Ouch! But it was worth it. And I was desperate for some retail therapy at the time.

Yesterday, I was looking around my house for a basket to hold some extra wash cloths. (I recently bought more towels. I have a "thing" against using the same towels for too long.) Anyway, I didn't have quite the right basket that would look nice next to that big chunky one in the background above, which holds the towels. Being one who prefers instant gratification, rather than driving to TJ Maxx, I headed to my sewing room.

Shortly thereafter, I returned with this basket in hand. I used leftover fabric from Craig's wallhanging. The dimensions in the book were much too small, so I just branched out on my own and started cutting.

The instructions suggested using red thread for the decorative stitching, but I chose this refreshing blue to match some of the accents in our bathroom.

I've had this lining fabric for a couple of years, but I hadn't found a way to use it before now.

Little things really can make a big difference. I'm so glad that I acted on impulse.

2 comments:

  1. You truly are a Proverbs 31 and I Peter 3 woman.

    Thank you for loving GOD, family and friends. You are my Queen!

    chw

    ReplyDelete