Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


When I come across something particularly helpful or noteworthy, I like to share it. Unfortunately, I haven't done much of that on this blog. So, I want to take this opportunity to share a very interesting link that I think may help at least one person out there.

I've mentioned before that several years ago (about a decade ago), I began making changes in the way I view food and the way I feed my family. My goal was to turn from the way my extended family has eaten for generations, which has led to rampant health issues. I don't want my children to face some of the same things that I've seen the previous generations suffer, and I'd like to avoid some of that, myself.

I still have a lot to learn, and I allow for times of indulgence that aren't at all beneficial to our bodies. Still, I like for the general pattern of our eating to be healthful. The author of Naturally Knocked Up is offering an e-course on how to eat well for optimum health, with a focus on how real foods contribute to fertility. Although I have not suffered infertility problems, I have many friends who have. While I'm sure that there are other factors that contribute to the problem, it makes sense that eating well, which enhances the body's functions, would also hold some benefit for the reproductive system.

Kitchen Stewardship is sponsoring a giveaway for the e-course. Even if infertility is not your concern, there are other basic aspects of real-food living being offered. Who wouldn't want to learn how to help her body function better and set her family on a path to better long-term health? After all, the daily choices we make in our homes now will affect generations.

* The cute little baby in the photo above is our Gabriela, now 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment