"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6


Ours is a story of what God can do with two silly teens, starting off with no clue;

And baby thrown in, just for good measure. We didn’t know that God would increase our treasure

With four added on in rapid succession, filling our lives with joy and hard lessons.


We’ve had our share of valleys and hills, of times of abundance, and unpaid bills.

We once thought success would bring us bliss; we’ve learned that loss does a better job of this,

As we lean on our Savior, Who always delivers, regardless of the size of our quiver.


Although we’re grateful for the times of ease, the hard times are useful for learning to please

Our Heavenly Father, learning to walk in His Truth, of which we often talk.

May the Lord help us humbly and faithfully serve, staying mindful that the next generation observes.


Prop up your feet and grab a cup of coffee or tea while I open up

The book of my life, without further ado, and narrate the musings of my heart to you.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

A New Reversible Bag


I haven't made one of these reversible bags (this, too) since we were in Moçambique. Yesterday I got it in my mind to make one, despite our very busy day. The original tutorial is here, but I like to personalize designs. This fabric came in the mail a few days ago, and I've been anxious to use it.

I thought about asking Morgan to draw a beehive for me to make an appliqué, but rather than reinvent the wheel, I searched online for a pattern and found this. (Where would we be without the cliché?)

While we were in Moz, I had a horrible time with the embroidery attachment on "Clara" (my machine). Last week a revisited the course at the store where I purchased it, & I've come to the conclusion that the problem lay in the Moçambican electrical adapter, rather than user error. 
(Yes, I'm sure that's it.)

Now that I've learned to troubleshoot, I'm having a grand ol' time with embroidery.


I probably should have made this font a bit larger. I feel that it's competing with the bees, rather than complementing them.
The bee lines I just drew with chalk and stitched over them




This yellow floral makes me happy to just look at it! I can't wait for spring, and this bag represents my longing.


The original tutorial doesn't include a pocket, but because I like to have little places to stash things, I use this very helpful and easy tutorial for adding a zipper inside the lining.

While my family and our friends played Settlers of Catan last night, I opted for sewing, instead.
Once I get an idea in my head, I must act on it right away.
They didn't seem to mind a bit, and it was quite entertaining to overhear the competition from the next room.

What a perfect evening: 

Friends

Family

Homemade Chili

Dessert: Lemon/Blueberry Bread with Homemade Ginger Ice Cream & Freshly-whipped Cream

Edifying Conversation

A Fun Game


Sewing a new project!


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag! You have such a knack for putting together the perfect combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kiri! I love pairing fabrics. It's a lot of fun. There are plenty of sewing blogs out there from which to draw inspiration. I enjoy seeing what the other ladies put together. They keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete