"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6


Ours is a story of what God can do with two silly teens, starting off with no clue;

And baby thrown in, just for good measure. We didn’t know that God would increase our treasure

With four added on in rapid succession, filling our lives with joy and hard lessons.


We’ve had our share of valleys and hills, of times of abundance, and unpaid bills.

We once thought success would bring us bliss; we’ve learned that loss does a better job of this,

As we lean on our Savior, Who always delivers, regardless of the size of our quiver.


Although we’re grateful for the times of ease, the hard times are useful for learning to please

Our Heavenly Father, learning to walk in His Truth, of which we often talk.

May the Lord help us humbly and faithfully serve, staying mindful that the next generation observes.


Prop up your feet and grab a cup of coffee or tea while I open up

The book of my life, without further ado, and narrate the musings of my heart to you.


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My New Fall Purse

 The tissue holder tutorial is no longer available, but it's super easy to figure out; so I just whipped it up.


I've had my eye out for a new fall handbag, but I just haven't found anything affordable that appeals to me.
On Sunday, I took the girls to the fabric store to get supplies for some sewing projects that Caelyn will be doing with Gabriela. While awaiting our turn at the cutting table - we were #28, and they were serving #8 - I killed time by browsing.

I know that I never should have even picked up the latest issue of Stitch magazine; but I did, and it was love at first sight.
I've had my eye on this wool houndstooth fabric since it first came out; but I couldn't imagine a use for it in Texas.
I'm no longer wondering.

I just love the side pockets! I ended up personalizing the design of this bag a bit, as I wasn't terribly impressed with the handle instructions. Changing the handle also altered the overall shape somewhat. There's one embellishment that I still need to make and add to the purse, but after our move, I'm missing a crucial tool. I'll add an update later.

I used cammo fabric for the lining of the matching wristlet.

I'm so pleased with how spacious this bag is, and I just can't wait to fill it and show it off in public!

*Linking up to Sew & Tell*

ETA: My mom pointed out that I didn't include a photo that shows the handle:


3 comments:

  1. oh my word!!! This is amazing! I love the houndstooth and what a perfect use for it. SO so cute! Love the little zipper pouch and tissue holder too. I need to make one of those! Thanks for linking up to Sew & Tell!

    ReplyDelete