Monday, October 31, 2011

Nook Bag


Gabriela never leaves home without her Nook. 
Ever.
I've been so nervous that it'll eventually plunge to its death on one of our outings.
Yesterday in church, I noticed that she was taking sermon notes on her Nook, so it gave me an idea.

I've made a couple of messenger bags recently using a tutorial that I found.
I promise that I listened to the sermon yesterday, but I was momentarily distracted as I figured out in my head how I'd use what I already know to make a smaller bag for the Nook.
I couldn't wait to get home and start on it!

I called Gabriela into the sewing room and asked her if she has any favorites among my fabrics. Apparently, she's had her eye on a particular combination ever since I made this.
I didn't tell her what I was planning to do, which made it even more fun.
While Gab watched football with her daddy, I worked happily on my idea.

This morning I quickly made a tissue pouch to match her bag. I mentioned recently that the tutorial for the tissue pouch is no longer available; but I should have mentioned that the author has made the pattern available for purchase. (I just figured it out on my own.)


7 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great and so stylish!
    What a great kid to be taking notes during the sermon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable bag! I love the fabrics you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little bag, and much safer to carry it around with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect!! very novel and so usable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! And she has a great eye for color/patterns. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that's a great idea and it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete