Sunday, November 6, 2011

Precious Moments


Often these days, I find myself lamenting the fact that the children have outgrown so many of our favorite books, toys, and clothing.
A colonial-period dress and a Pilgrim dress that I made for Gabriela have become sewing room decor, and many of our children's books & toys have been set aside for visitors or future grandchildren.

Today, Morgan showed me that seventeen isn't too old to enjoy a special mommy-daughter moment together with a favorite.
I was lying on Gabriela's bed, talking to her as she cleaned her closet, when Morgan handed me Joyful Noise, plopped down beside me, and snuggled up in a blanket.

Oh, the giggles that ensued!

One day she'll be reading with her own children, but today I'm thankful for this special time that will soon be only a memory.

As Craig says to encourage young parents,
"The days may seem long at times, but the years are short."

Take some time to read with your little ones... or your not-so-little ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment