Thursday, November 10, 2011


I made this purse a few weeks ago and didn't add the finishing touch right away.
Making the flower embellishment required using a hot glue gun, and I couldn't remember where I had seen mine when we moved into this house. 
Besides, I'm pretty sure that we lived in California when I bought the two that I have.

That was before email.

It's safe to say that if I were to even locate my glue guns, they'd need to be replaced.
This called for a trip to the craft store.
(Twist my arm!)

In the meantime, I had the opportunity to join a friend for the Houston Quilt Show. 
It was spectacular, and I so enjoyed Lou Ann's sweet company.
We were at the show for most of the day, and the ready-made, impulsively-purchased handles of the purse ended up really hurting my shoulder.

I decided to go ahead and replace the handles by making fabric straps, instead (which is sort of what the intelligent designer of the pattern suggested in the first place).
I learn the hard way.

As seems to be my M.O. these days, a major boo-boo was quite obvious after I finished the entire project. Just scroll back up to that photo at the top of this post, and see if you can figure out my blunder.
A nice person on Facebook said that she actually prefers the flaw rather than the "right" way.
It just doesn't bother me enough to redo it.
Seam ripping bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment