Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Improvise


It always takes me forever to start hanging things on the wall after moving into a new home.
I just don't "feel" it right away. I'm too focused on the rest of our existence to worry about what should adorn the walls.

That doesn't mean I don't like wall art, though.

I saw this fun guitar painting at TJ Maxx a while back, and it haunted me for a few weeks.
When I returned a while later for another purpose, I was delighted to find that it was still there and the price had been reduced.

I thought it might be great for the boys' room, but I later decided it should hang next to Craig Grayson's drum set in the school room.

The hook from the previous picture was a bit too high for the guitar painting, but I was unwilling to make a new hole in the wall.

I started brainstorming on what to use to make it hang lower, and a guitar strap came to mind.
We don't have an extra guitar strap, so I thought of the next best thing.
With boys having major growth spurts, that means there will inevitably be belts that are still in good enough shape to reuse.

Voila!
(Thanks, Graham!)



No comments:

Post a Comment