Monday, June 7, 2010

Beating Him At His Own Game

I've never been technologically savvy, and it has taken me years to understand Craig's fixation with electronics. So, when the iPhone made its debut a few years back, I had lots to say about the "suckers" who would fall for it. Craig lasted a few weeks until he couldn't take it anymore. He was one of the customers who ended up receiving a $100 credit from Apple once they came to their senses about the price. (Yeah, right.)

When it was time for me to have a new phone, I couldn't decide which one to get. They're all gaudy and excessive, if you ask me. At least, that's what I thought then. Just weeks after Craig bought his iPhone, and after three frustrating and unsuccessful visits to the phone store, I threw up my hands and told Craig, "YOU pick a phone for me. I don't like any of them. I just need to call people, OK?" Ha! Boy, did I eat a lot of crow after that decision. Just call me "sucker". I, too, ended up with a $100 credit, which I used for a phone case and a sport band to strap onto my arm so I may listen to music on my phone while running.

Since we've been in Moz, I abandoned the use of my phone case. This proved an unwise move on my part. I'm normally very careful, as the cost of a new phone is ever on the forefront of my mind. I'm not known for my frugality, but I do tend to think of dollars spent in terms of how far they could have gone in, say, Ann Taylor or Sur La Table. Well, in the end, I've dropped my phone four times here. Craig has warned me that it won't be long before I'll have to replace it.

Enter the marvelous timing of the iPhone 4! Yep! Dear Husband, do the words "Me first!" mean anything? You've created a monster, my generous darling. Happy Anniversary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment