Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's Good to Be Back

So... THIS is the sewing room...

We've been in our house for almost a month and a half now. The boxes have been unpacked since week 2 or 3, and we've already had 10 or 11 overnight guests and many more dinner guests.

What has taken much longer is getting into a regular routine and making time for sewing. I've owed projects to people since spring, but our move really did set me back quite a bit. Now that school has started for us & I have our schedules ironed out, I've purchased some sewing time for myself.

A while ago, I posted "before" photos of the sewing room, followed by photos of Caelyn, who ended up being the first to use it. I can now begin to make up for lost time.


This nursing "bib" (as I like to call it) is for a friend whose baby was born around the time of our move. Sadly, I wasn't able to make it before our transition, and that friend has already received a cover from someone else. Still, I wanted to keep my word; so now she'll have a back-up "bib" for travel.

I felt super guilty for making my sweet friend wait so long for the nursing bib, so I decided to throw in a couple of bonus items:

A reversible baby bonnet, from this tutorial




An embroidered burp cloth

All of this was made possible by my two new favorite tools:

Quick Turn tool (for turning fabric tubes right-side-out) (Fabulous! Nigh miraculous!), and OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter
The best things since the Vita-Mix

It's good to be back in the sewing room again. Now I can begin to check off that pesky list of "owed" projects, as well as some brainstorms that keep me awake at night.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment